2023 Entry: ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
Please note the application process is in three stages, with the use of ‘nomination’ rather than ‘award’ until the JeS stage is confirmed by ESRC:
- A Preliminary stage, to be submitted by Monday 30th January 2023 at 23:59 - shortlisting by UBEL colleagues in your disciplinary area and invitation to submit Final application;
- The Full application stage, to be submitted by Wednesday 23rd March 2023 at 16.00 - shortlisting by UBEL colleagues across the five institutions and nomination for Postdoc Fellowship;
- Submission of JeS form to ESRC by the end of July 2023 – confirmation of award made by ESRC
Applicants are not required to have previously held an ESRC-funded studentship in order to be eligible to apply.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have been awarded a PhD or have passed their viva voce with minor amendments by the application deadline of 23 March 2023 and have been awarded their PhD by the fellowship start date of 1 October 2023.
- Have no more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience since passing their viva voce (allowing for career breaks) by 23 March 2023.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships call forms part of ESRC's strategy to support early career researchers and is delivered through the national network of Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs), which encompasses 73 research organisations across the UK.
Postdoctoral Fellows will be located on an accredited DTP or CDT pathway and will be embedded within a high-quality environment for research and training and will be able to apply for support to undertake a varied programme of activities supporting their continuing development for careers both within and outside academia.