2021 Entry: ESRC Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Postdoctoral Fellowship has closed for 2021 entry.
For reference, the application process for 2021 was in two stages:
- A Preliminary stage, to be submitted by Sunday 24 January 2021 at 23:59
- The Full application stage, to be submitted by Tuesday 23 March 2021 at 16.00
At the time of submitting the full application, potential candidates must either:
- have been awarded PhD; or
- have submitted their and passed your viva voce (or passed subject to minor corrections), with the expectation that your PhD will be awarded by the start of the Fellowship.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships call forms part of ESRC's strategy to support early career researchers and is delivered through the national network of Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs), which encompasses 73 research organisations across the UK.
Postdoctoral Fellows will be located on an accredited DTP or CDT pathway and will be embedded within a high-quality environment for research and training and will be able to apply for support to undertake a varied programme of activities supporting their continuing development for careers both within and outside academia.
Please note the application process is in three stages, with the use of ‘nomination’ rather than ‘award’ until the JeS stage is confirmed by ESRC:
- Preliminary form by 24 January 2021 – shortlisting by UBEL colleagues in your disciplinary area and invitation to submit Final application;
- Final form by 23 March 2021 – shortlisting by UBEL colleagues across the five institutions and nomination for Postdoc Fellowship;
- Submission of JeS form to ESRC by the end of July 2021 – confirmation of award made by ESRC